Monday, April 2, 2012

Barrettes


Lately, on my second day off, I have been creating these barrettes for myself. Yes, I know they are actually side combs, but "barrettes" is just easier for some reason.

I am definitely a "flowers-in-the-hair" kind of girl. I used to wear combs like this with roses on them in high-school. I know I got made fun of, but I liked them anyway... and I like these.

I'm thinking of selling some on Etsy, but I definitely need to create some to sell, which is hard because I love them all.

My favorite is the one with the wheels & cogs on it. The pieces were salvaged from an antique pocket watch. I'm trying to figure out where to get more pieces like it.

I made the one with the hibiscus (my favorite flower) and the one with the silver hoops today. I wanted something to go with my Easter nails which will be done tomorrow. I'll post photos ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment