Monday, July 30, 2012

Goodbye, Yuma

I was treated to this scene the other day.  I'm very glad this is my parting shot of Yuma.  I will really miss the friends I have made here and this photo instantly makes me think of the ones I am leaving in a very good way.

This will be my last post from the state of Arizona.  I did make a couple last couponing trips.  I got Ragu at CVS.  It is 3 for $5 and if you buy $10 worth of a few items, of which the Ragu is one, you get $3 Extrabux back.  I bought 6, used 2 50 cents off 2 coupons and wound up paying $1 for each jar.

Staples has these packs of pencils for 25 cents each.  In Sunday's paper there were coupons for $1 off 2 Bic Stationery products.  they can also be printed at bricks.coupons.com .

Take that coupon to Staples, grab 4 packs of pencils and all you'll pay is the tax which for me was 9 cents on each transaction.  I think the coupon is one per customer so my daughter did one transaction.  The cashier allowed the people behind me to use three coupons in one transaction, though.


Walgreen's has Kellogg's and a couple other items for 4 for $10.  I used the 70 cents off one coupon from about a month ago.  When you buy 4, you get a Register Reward for $3

Between coupons and Register Rewards I paid $1.05 a box for these.



I was in the process of removing this mani when I remembered to take a pic.
I picked up one of the new Wet & Wild crackles, in turquoise of course (lol) at Walmart.  I wanted to see if I could make my gemstone thing work.

I think it was a better effect than the gold crackle over blue.  This will by my last manicure for a bit, I had to cut all my nails because they are breaking while I am packing.   :(

On the upside, I tried these new things by Revlon called Crazy Shine.  They are pretty awesome and will indeed give you a "Crazy Shine" on your nails should you need/want some laquer-free time.  Here's a link, check them out
http://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Crazy-Shine-to-Go/dp/B007823TH4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1343691629&sr=8-6&keywords=revlon+crazy+shine

I originally had purchased the large one, but when the dogs ate it (well, chewed up into a million microscopic pieces anyway)  I picked up the smaller ones and actually like them a lot better because they are a bit easier to manipulate.



And to round out this post, here's a few pix of my fur kids.

Thumper and Printz.  The best of friends.  Printz used to be smaller than Thump until a couple weeks ago.

I found them napping like this.  Thump only opened his eyes when he heard the camera.



This is Christian's cat Simon.  He always naps in these goofy positions.  Here he is in the top of the cat post, on his back, legs sticking straight out off the top.
 And here he is about an hour later, sleeping on the desk chair, stretched out, head lolling over the edge.

Goofy cat!
 Christian took this one when we were out the other day.  All the dogs.  Knik in the window, I'm glad I got her at least partially shaved down before this photo.  Sparky and Pilot with Thumper on top in the chair.  Pilot and Sparky sit together a lot they don't let Thump sit with them often.  They must have felt bad for him since his mommy was was out shopping.  lol

Notice the little hole in the arm of the chair.  lol


Just a couple of days 'til I leave.
Nervous as heck.

Til next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment