Friday, July 13, 2012

You know you're obsessed with coupons when...

You know you are obsessed with coupons when...
You get bored at midnight and make a run to Walgreen's to use your bathroom tissue coupons.

Yep.  That was me.  Last night.  I'm sure the overnight (musta been manager cuz he was wearing a tie) cashier-person must have thought we were druggies.  Going in to buy 3 packs of Cottonelle, a bag of popcorn, 12 candy bars and a cheese danish.  Me in my glasses with my hair up wearing a t-shirt and pajama shorts.  Coupons are my crack and no paraphernalia required!

Here is the photo from that trip.  Cottonelle is still $5 at Walgreen's, the $1 coupon in the book is good all month and I got lucky and found $1 coupons for Cottonelle online somewhere (can't remember) so $3 each on those.
The Candy bars are still 3/$2. I got $1.25 off 3 coupons at Nestle's Facebook page.  You have to play a game to get them.  If they are still available, play the computer and click the button at 6 seconds.  Anyway, that made them 25 cents each!  Aussum Possum!! 
I forgot to take a picture of the popcorn and the cheese danish was gone before we made it home.


you can see my pink coupon binder on the left.  also, i'm happy to report that the laundry detergent finally has a home.
 This was a Walgreen's run from the other night after I got off of work.  I used the Cottonelle Qs from my inserts from last Sunday (I buy 4 sets) and paid $3.50 each.  The Tucks was $1.49 after a $2 Q also from the inserts and $1 off Q in the Walgreen's book.  These things are great for bug bites and other itchies.  I used my four 75 cents off 2 for the Girl Scout candy bars on top of the 3/$2 sale.  The Haribo was 49 cents each.  The J&J baby shampoo on sale B1G1 for 50% off but wasn't much of a deal.  My daughter needs it for an allergy rash thing she has right now and the Apple scent one is for bathing the dogs.
 This is Target.  All the prices are guesstimates because I can't find my receipt and I'm too lazy to look right now.  The Hydrogen Peroxide was 89 cents but after a 75 cent off any First Aid item Target coupon, they were 14 cents each.  The cotton pads were 84 cents but after a 50 cent off any Cotton item Target coupon they were 34 cents each.  (The sucky thing is I had just paid full price for some the other day when I ran out).  The make-up brushes and eyelash curler were $1 each and that is regular price!!  They are all ELF brand. 
The Mac&Cheese cost 9 cents each!  Because this Target just went through a remodel to include grocery, they are throwing coupons at you as you walk in the door.  One of the coupons is for $1 off any 2 Market Pantry items which took 50 cents each off my Mac&Cheese. 
The Salad was 49(something like that) cents after another Hey-We-Have-Groceries-Now! coupon for $1 off any bagged salad.  The Apples were $2.34 after another HWHGN! $1 coupon.  My fave from this trip?  The mustard!  I have been hanging on to these 50 cent off any French's coupon wondering when it would be worth my while to use them.  Ironically, I figured that would have been at the beginning of the month, y'know around the 4th?  Cookouts?  That would have made sense, but ummm... no.  Anywho, the mustard is 87 cents right now and 50 cents off is 37 so KEWL!  
Oh one other great find... the St Ives little travel size facial cleansers.  You can just make them out next to the nail polish in front of the salad.  I had two $1 off St Ives facial coupons with no size restrictions!  Travel section here I come!  FREEFREEFREE!!!  They were 97 cents each but Target doesn't do overage so the cashier has to key in the value. 
And one last thing about Target before we move on:
I have been reading a lot lately about people having issues at Target with cashiers not wanting to take their coupons.  If you have read my posts, you know that I have also been challenged, denied and disappointed at Target because of coupons. 
I have found the most awesomest cashier at the store here and her name is Sarah.  To my Yuma friends who may go there with Qs, find out who she is and get in her line because it is worth it.  She takes her time, she makes sure to match the item with the coupon but she takes care of you without running to the manager or treating you like a thief. 
Anyway, in all I paid under $25 at Target.  It was a great trip... wish I knew where that receipt was.
 This was Fry's yesterday.  Milk was $1.50 if you spent $25 (before coupons).  They were also having their "Buy ten save $5" sale.  I paid $19.85 for all this and saved $37.38.  More milk to freeze.  Yes, I am freezing milk.  Again, I want my family to not have to do a lot of shopping for the near two months they will be here after I leave. 
Milk freezes fine.  Take a little out so the jug doesn't break and put it in the freezer.  When you take it out, you will have about a week to use it.
 This is a combination of a couple Walmart trips.  Barilla pasta $1.29 each minus $1 off 2 coupon is 79 cents each.  Precious Ricotta cheese $2.99 - $1q = $1.99.  Face wash clothes and sliced mozzerella regular price.  And more of my Almay Eye Makeup Remover for 14 cents each.
And this is CVS.  Coke 12 packs were 3 for $8.  All of the candy was 4 for $2 and I used the coupons from last Sunday for 50 cents off 2.  This made each one 25 cents.  The Olay was $6.29 each but on sale BOGO plus I used a $3 off any 2 Olay facial Q so they were $1.65 each.  The Loreal is on a deal for "Buy $15 and get $5 Extracare Bux".  I also had $5 from the Beauty Club and a coupon for $3 so all the makeup was originally $24 but I paid around $11 but got some things I had wanted.
Because I am now able to pick up some things I wouldn't have ordinarilly purchased (Loreal LipBalm, Olay Facial Cleansing Cloths) I am thinking about doing reviews in addition to what I normally post. 

I'm also thinking about making a quick video sometime before I leave town showing my stockpile.  We'll see.  I have a lot to do between now and then.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment