Friday, April 20, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala

 Another Indian dish this week. 
Chicken Tikka Masala
I got to take a long walk through my spice rack as I used at least 10 of them. 
This is the chicken breast cooked sliced and plated.  I promise one of these days we'll work out the photos, this one isn't great.  Little Miss 'Spensive Camera insisted on using mine.
 This is Pakistani Spiced Toasted Chickpeas.  Several spices in this one too but not as hot.  Actually, it's a pretty fresh tasting dish.
And this is the plated meal with the Masala sauce on the chicken.  The chicken was spicy enough, the sauce took it beyond my comfort level.  My daughter and I were stuffing bread in our mouths to get through it.  We broke out the applesauce too.  Next time.... less of the hot spices and no sauce as it was fine without it. 

I might make Tilapia tostadas tomorrow but it's iffy.  Then I'm on vacation for a week.  I am cooking on vacation though, and making a couple of my specialties so I should have a long post when I come back.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment