Thursday, May 31, 2012

Farmer John Bacon! Go Me!

Muffin checking out the popsicles

Starting last night, right after I got off work, I began shopping!  All stops, yesterday's and today's, have netted me $144 in merchandise for just $65!!

First stop, Walmart.
I ad matched the Cherrios to Kroger's (Fry's) price at $1.66 and used my collection of 50 cent off coupons to pay $1.16 for each box.   I also ad matched the milk to Kroger's price of $1.57.  The Hot Pocket snackers were on sale for $2.40 and I used my $1.10 off 2 coupon to get them for $1.85 each.  The Jello's (on top of the Cherrios) were on Rollback for $2 and I used two coupons for $1.10 off so I got them for 90 cents each.  I saved $9 by ad matching and my coupons.

This morning, after spending some time checking my coupon sites and following up on the couponing blogs I read, we hit Walgreen's, CVS, Albertson's, Fry's (which is the name of the Kroger stores here) and Target.

At Walgreen's, I picked up three more of the First Aid Cream (all three FREE after Register Rewards), the Wet n Wild nail polish (buy 2 get one free), the Irish Spring deoderant which was on clearance and gave me a $3 register reward so I got both of them for 50 cents each.  I also got 14 more Arizona Teas for 50 cents each.  I spent $19.03 on $60.85 worth of merchandise.

I went into CVS to take advantage of the Crest money-making deal.  (Buy Crest toothpaste for $2.87 and get extra bucks of $3.  My store didn't have the Crest though.  Boo.  BUT- silver lining time!  When I scanned my CVS card I got a second $1 off any toothbrush coupon so I bought the fourth toothbrush in less than a week for 18 cents and got another $2 extrabucks for next week!!  Colgate toothbrushes are on sale for $2.99, add my dollar off and add in the extrabucks I got for purchasing it and voila!  4 toothbrushes in less than a week for a total of under a dollar!! 

Then we went to Fry's.  This is what's frustrating, Kroger owns Fry's.  MOST of Kroger's ad prices are also Fry's ads and prices.  Only when I really want something do I ever find a difference.  Like today.  I had two coupons for a dollar off two Hormel Chili.  Kroger's sale price is 89 cents, that's 39 cents a can.  So of course... no Hormel sale at Fry's.  I did pick up a package of King Hawaiian rolls for $1.03 though so all was not lost.

Off to Target.  I had printed this morning 4 coupons for a dollar off Pure Leaf tea, sale price $1.  Our Target is currently getting remodeled and they didn't have the tea.  Dang.  Coupon is good 'til October though so hanging on to it.  They did have Ken's dressing on sale so I got two with my $1/2 coupon which wound up being an even better deal when they mistakenly put the wrong price on the larger size of Honey Mustard.

Then the big one of the day, Albertson's.  They had a 10/$10 sale and I picked up 6 Hamburger Helper (I also had two $1/3 coupons), two boxes of popsicles, a pack of hot dogs and a carton of eggs on that sale.  I also happened to find Kool-aid on clearance for $2.80 for a large canister of mix, so I used my Buy two Kraft bbq sauce and get $2 off kool-aid coupon.  I also found Caramel Milky Ways for 75 cents and bought four with my buy-one-get-one coupons making them 39 cents each.  Then I found an instore coupon for free eggs when you buy Farmer John bacon.  I've been carrying around this Farmer John bacon coupon for a while figuring I wouldn't use it but when you couple that with the free eggs it was worth it so SCORE!!!

In all, I saved $78.78!! A 55% savings average for all trips!!! Go Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment