Sunday, May 27, 2012

Why No New Nails?

The last time I posted about my nails... or cooking... or anything was over a month ago.  It was right before I left on vacation and I was super excited about said vacation and promised to post photos and would post right after I got back. 
Well...
I wound up needing a vacation from the emotionally draining, chaotic, exhausting and frustrating vacation and I've just found other things to do to try to recoup my mental state for the last couple of weeks. 

Honestly, it is WAY too hot to cook, much less eat, here.  I live in far southern Arizona, literally south of the California/Mexico border and the temps have been around 110 for the last couple weeks.  So I haven't set foot in the kitchen and don't really know when I will.  The last few nail projects have bit the big one and I have broken several nails anyway.  The thing that has given me the most pleasure of late is Couponing and planning shopping trips which just goes to show how truly odd I am - But I LOVE it!!

So, I have just written a post about my last couple of shopping trips and I think I will start doing those regularly in addition to the other things I do here.

 And here are some photos from my trip to Milwaukee.

This is my mom at the O&H stand in the Iron Skillet in South Milwaukee or North Racine, not sure which.  To the people who saw me pull in.... Yessirree, all Alabammer folks drive lahk that there what you done saw.

(Alabama plates on the rental car.  Thank God)







First night - Sobelman's for dinner.  Saw it on Food Wars and had to go. 
Pretty good.  Apparently, I gave our waiter a much larger tip than he is used to.  Think he practically killed himself to come say "thank you" as we left.  The experience was worth the tip, honestly, so .... No Marcus, Thank YOU!

 My Grandparent's grave.  I hadn't seen them since I was a baby and then they were gone.



The hospital where I was born. 

I'm not THAT old!!



The first house where I ever lived.  We lived upstairs.

It's for sale now as you can see.  This place is dear to my heart, but mostly because of my brother, which he doesn't understand.


A VERY old grave stone I found while we were looking for my grandparent's graves.  I just thought it was neat.

Thank you for your service Mr Carver.




And in closing....
Thumper says "sweet dreams".

He's dreaming of Fruit Punch.


Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment